Introducing the all-new CLUTCH, the latest evolution in rescue and rope access hardware that enables the technical rope professional to do more with less. This multi-purpose device was designed and engineered in collaboration by two companies with a collective 90 year history in rope management under heavy loads: CMC, a company with roots in rescue and rope access, and Harken Industrial, a manufacturing company with roots in high performance sailing.
Designed for intuitive, efficient operation, ease of use and optimal control, the versatile CLUTCH is suited to a multitude of rigging operations:
- Single wearable tool suited for efficient hauling, controlled lowering, smooth personal descent, easy ascending and belaying.
- Stainless steel ratcheting and rotating sheave provides efficient and audible progress capture.
- Rope loading/unloading is secured with an innovative double-latched side plate design that is independent of the device‘s attachment point.
- Anti-Panic brake and force limiting features ensure operational safety and overload protection.
- Machined aluminum chassis clad with stainless steel wear guards ensures lightweight durability.
- Integrated becket allows for direct connection of mechanical advantage systems.
- The only 10.5-11.5 mm rope diameter compatible device certified to NFPA 1983 (G-Rated), ANSI Z359.4 and EN 12841/C, 341/2A, and 15151/8.
- The CLUTCH and CMC’s G11 Lifeline can be used together to build NFPA G rated systems using 11 mm rope, saving space and reducing weight.
- Patent pending.