The Kidde Front-Loading Smoke and Carbon Monoxide alarm offers protection from two hazards – fire and CO – in one unit. This AC-wire with battery backup alarm emits a beeping tone followed by a voice warning that clearly announces the danger by saying, “Fire! Fire!” or “Warning! Carbon Monoxide!”. The uniquely designed front loading battery compartment makes battery replacement quick and easy, and ensures proper installation. Manufactured with photoelectric sensors for detecting smoke and fire, this alarm also includes the world’s most accurate CO sensing technology based on claims by major manufacturers.
This alarm uses photoelectric sensing technology for the smoke alarm. Photoelectric sensing alarms may detect visible particles (associated with smoldering fires) sooner than ionization alarms. Ionization sensing alarms may detect invisible fire particles (associated with flaming fires) sooner than photoelectric alarms. Kidde strongly recommends that both ionization and photoelectric smoke alarms be installed to help insure maximum detection of the various types of fire that can occur within the home.
- AC-Wire with battery backup – Powered by home’s electricity in order to provide continuous protection. An included 9V battery protects during short-term power outages.
- Front-Loading Battery – Speeds up replacement by eliminating the need to remove the unit from the ceiling or wall.
- Unique Battery Door Design – Will not close if battery is not installed properly.
- Voice Warning – Supplements warning from the traditional 85-decibel alarm by clearly stating the danger present, fire or carbon monoxide.
- Photoelectric Smoke Sensor – May detect visible fire particles associated with slow smoldering fires sooner than an ionization sensor.
- Electrochemical CO Sensor – Provides accurate and continual CO protection during the product’s life, remains stable during temperature and humidity changes and resists reactions to household gases that may cause false readings or reduce sensitivity.
- Smart Touch Button – One button performs the following functions:
- Activates the Hush® feature to temporarily silence nuisance alarms (will announce “Hush mode activated,” or “Hush mode cancelled.”)
- Simultaneously tests the unit’s electronics and verifies proper operation
- Activates the peak level memory feature (will announce “CO previously detected” if unit has detected levels of 100 ppm or higher)
- Resets the unit during a CO alarm (Unit will re-enter alarm within 6 minutes of reset if 70ppm or more of CO is present).
- Silences a low battery chirp for up to 12 hours
- Silences the end of life chirp for two days
- Tamper Resistant – Unit will lock to mounting bracket and battery door will lock to deter theft or tampering.
- Green LED – Will flash every 30 seconds to indicate proper operation.
- Red LED – Flashes in conjunction with the alarm sounding.
- End of Life Signal – Seven years after initial power, the unit will “chirp” twice every 30 seconds to indicate the need to immediately replace the alarm.
- Low Battery Signal – Will chirp every minute and red LED will flash to indicate low battery condition.
- Interconnectable – Will interconnect with up to 24 other devices (18 of which can be initiating) including smoke, CO and heat alarms.