DOT Hazmat Training Courses
The U.S. Department of Transportation requires all hazmat employees, with no exceptions, to complete hazmat training once every three years. The U.S. DOT also requires that a hazmat employee’s training be updated whenever regulation changes affect how his/her job is carried out. This training not only includes general and security awareness, but also function specific training.
The Clarey’s staff provides professional online and instructor based training as well as a combination of the two. We will also provide you with educational reading materials to keep you up to date with HMR (Hazardous Materials Regulations). Our #1 goal is to help you ensure that all hazardous materials are transported responsibly and safely.
Some of the courses we offer at Clarey’s Safety Equipment include but are not limited to:
- Hazardous Materials General Awareness
- Hazmat Security Awareness for Drivers
- Hazmat Security Awareness for Shippers and Carriers
- Training for Drivers of Hazmat Shipments
- Training for Offerors of Bulk and Non-bulk Hazmat Packages
Who Needs Hazmat Training?
Any and every hazmat employee needs the proper training to work in the profession. Such jobs include but are not limited to:
- Determining if a specific material is a hazardous substance/waste or an infectious waste
- Classifying materials
- Purchasing, selecting or filling hazardous packages
- Identifying specific gravities, vapor pressures or other properties
- Loading, unloading, moving or handling hazardous materials
- Responding to leaking or damaged hazardous containers
- Operating any vehicle/equipment used to transport or move hazardous material
- Supervising of any of the above
For more information about our hazmat training program and courses, please give Clarey’s Safety Equipment a call at 1-800-558-8009 or fill out this form!